College in 3-2-1 Study Center - A Social Solution to Virtual Learning
NOW ENROLLING FOR 20/21 SCHOOL YEAR
6000 Meadowbrook Mall Court, Suite 208
In our COVID-19 world, it’s critical that students get the education they need while maintaining in-person relationships with peers. With many high school students facing a virtual education for the 2020/2021 school year, parents fear students will not get the academic support they need and develop or exacerbate mental health issues. Teens can only be stuck in the house for so long! Additionally, with younger students being educated at home or parents working from home – there is no room to breathe and internet bandwidth may be a problem.
College in 3-2-1, LLC a college prep consultancy, is offering a shared workspace/study center for 10th and 12th-grade students for the upcoming school year. Not only will students be able to collaborate, but they will get one-on-one mentoring and assistance from our talented Academic Coaches made up of current and former local college students that can help them through these challenging times.
Here’s A Brief Overview:
A physical space for quiet study as well as casual social collaboration following CDC guidelines. Think library meets coffee shop, but no barista. 🙂
- Students will request a morning or afternoon session cohort (limited morning space available).
- Students will follow their school’s virtual courses and curriculum utilizing their school teachers.
- Internet, a desk/chair (at least 6 feet apart), and a shared wireless printer will be provided. All other materials, including a laptop if needed, are brought to the center by the student – just like going to school.
- Academic Coaches will be available daily to mentor students on planning and study skills, to check progress and provide help with coursework to the extent possible.
- 10th through 12th-grade students only. However, 9th-grade siblings of 11th and 12th-grade participants may be considered.
- 40% discount for a sibling in the same household
- All individuals will be required to wear a face mask at all times in the Study Center until further notice. Only students and staff/contractors will be permitted in the Study Center.
- $400 per month/10 months – full-year contract. If WSFCS reverts to a normal, daily in-person schedule at any point, the Study Center schedule will be modified to be open afternoons, early evenings, and some weekend hours to accommodate members.
Plus, students will have access to a team of professionals who can provide additional support in the areas of college prep and counseling, test prep, and subject tutoring at reasonable prices.
If your student would benefit from having a purpose for getting dressed each day, having daily contact with peers, and receiving academic coaching from college students and other professionals, please contact me today to get your application and all questions answered! We anticipate selling out quickly!
Kathy de Jong
Kathy de Jong is an Independent Educational Consultant and owner of College in 3-2-1 based in Clemmons, NC. Kathy works with high school and transfer students to identify their unique path to and through college and prepares each student for the journey. Services include career/college major planning, college research and list development, college applications & essay, extra-curricular and course selection advising, transfer guidance and much more. Kathy is a member of the Independent Educational Consultants Association (IECA). For more information on College in 3-2-1, visit us at http://www.collegein321.com
Click here to subscribe to our mailing list (form at the bottom of the page) to receive updates on college prep and admissions and the latest offers from College in 3-2-1!
No worries..we rarely email more than once per month, so we will not flood your inbox or provide your information to third-parties!